Delinquent Tax Payment

The County Treasurer's Office accepts payments for delinquent property taxes.  You may make payments in person or mail (do not send cash) to our office:  

Grand Traverse County Treasurer

400 Boardman Avenue, Suite 104

Traverse City, MI 49684

Please make checks payable to "G.T. County Treasurer".

Current year and Personal Property taxes must be paid directly to your local city, township, or village. 

Credit/Debit Card Payment & E-Check Payments

2payroll Opens in new window

Click the image to the left to make payment on your delinquent property taxes on-line via credit card or E-Check.  You will be directed to the BS&A website, this website will reflect the current amount due on delinquent taxes on your parcel. The system will allow you to make full or partial payments. At this time, we are unable to accept payment for P.R.E. (Principle Residence Exemption) Denials online, payments for P.R.E. Denials must be made directly to our office.  Fees apply for credit/debit card and E-Check payments:  

Card Type Fee Minimum Fee
MasterCard - Credit 2.55% of amount charged $3.95
MasterCard - Debit 2.55% of amount charged
Visa - Credit 2.55% of amount charged $3.95
Visa - Debit $3.95 Flat Fee N/A
Discover 2.55% of amount charged $3.95
Electronic Check Transfer $2.95 Flat Fee N/A

Payments are linked directly with our software; your payments are immediately reflected on your account.  

Automatic Clearing House Payments

The County Treasurer's Office now processes ACH payments.  If you would like to have a payment directly withdrawn from your account each month until your balance is paid off, please complete the 
ACH Authorization Form and return to our office. 

Balance Inquiries

We accept email requests at for delinquent tax balances.  If you are a third party (not the owner of the property) we do charge a fee of $1.00 per request, per parcel.  We bill for these charges on a monthly basis if your cumulative total for the month is over $5.00.  If it is the first time you are requesting information from our office, please make sure to provide a billing address;  If complete information is not provided your request will not be processed.  Please note: For current year real property tax, special assessments, or personal property tax, please contact the local unit township/city/village directly.