Sgt. Brian Newcomb was the first of eleven officers hired in March of 2005.
Within two years, Brian was selected to be a training officer and was instrumental in the training several new officers over the next three years. In January of 2009 Sgt. Newcomb was selected as the jails population coordinator, where he remained until January 2012. Brian was promoted to the rank of Sergeant on January 30, 2012.
In 2013 Sgt. Newcomb was awarded the department’s Lifesaving Award for successfully performing CPR on an inmate that had a medical issue and had no pulse at the time he arrived on scene.
In July of 2016 Brian was selected as the Corrections Division Administrative Sergeant and Training Coordinator. In this new role, his responsibilities include:
• Liaison for IT, Courts, Prosecuting Attorney's Office and Vendors
• Directive Management
• Reports - Gather information and prepare reports for billing and statistical analysis.
• Post Orders - Maintain Records and update as needed.
• MDOC Inspections
• Security Clearances for Interns, Volunteers and Vendors.
• Fleet Maintenance
• Key Control
• Scheduling of Training
• Ensuring Annual Training Compliance with the Michigan Sheriff's Coordination and Training Counsel.